Hey

Share experiences and introduce yourself to the ddnet community.
Divine

Hey

Post by Divine »

Hello DDNet,

i'm gB. | DiViNe, formerly enC | DiViNe, formerly just DiViNe, formerly a bunch of random identities.
I've survived a few generations of friends who I all enjoyed the game very much with, playing on and off for about 12 years now.
It's the first community I've ever been active in and I've loved the friendships created and the recognition that came with being competitive and creating maps for others to enjoy.

From 0.4.2 to 0.5.2 to playing and mapping for DDRaceMax to DDNet.
I'd find my friends leaving one by one until I myself leave the game, only to come back after a while to start new. You may have noticed (the ones that still know me : P) that I've been gone for too long. It would seem this time is final. So this is a goodbye to this lovely community investing their time to keep the game alive after all these damn years. You have my admiration. This has been like a home for me. Goodbye and keep going.

PS: I'll be posting something to Map Testing that may or may not be interesting.
deen
TECHNICAL Team
Player profile: https://ddnet.org/players/deen/
Discord: deen#5910

Re: Hey

Post by deen »

Hi there,

Glad to see some old players/mappers still around. :) Most of the community moved to Discord by the way, so the forum is relatively quiet.
Divine

Post by Divine »

Hey deen!
I was glad to see you're still around as well

That explains a lot. Never really got into Discord but I might check it out. Thanks for the notice
Silex
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/Silex/

Post by Silex »

One of the mappers that shaped ddrace and brought it to a new level with his maps back then. We and espacially me will never forget you <3. You had a huge impact on me starting/going on with mapping. Thanks for that.
Divine

Post by Divine »

Hey buddy <3

Thanks man.
I was glad to help. Every time I checked in over the years I found new maps of yours. I was kinda proud to see that you're still going.