Application

Staff applications are currently not accepted.
Join our discord (https://ddnet.org/discord) for further updates.
Oblique.

Re: Application

Post by Oblique. »

Moderators are useless. Most of what they do consists of broadcasting random things, using the "kill_pl" command, and other such nonsense to flout their status. They are not particularly useful for stopping blockers or botters either, since such problems are almost always resolvable on their own. Nothing that moderators can do are really effective against SP | Someone. Besides, he's actually a pretty nice guy and is always able to make things more interesting.

It has always been evident to me that the most active moderators are the worst. For example, I was banned for an hour after I called Ryozuki ugly, and I doubt he did so with second a thought. I am also certain that my case was not unique. Such moderators are the most self-righteous of people; in their minds, they will always be the ones to swoop in and save the day. Somehow, it has never occurred to them that muting the player through the client or simply ignoring them could be more beneficial than a ban or a server-side mute. Notice that such methods do not require a moderator status. Moderators who claim to prevent "funvotes" seem to have trouble realizing that it takes over half of the server to vote yes for it to pass.

I do think that more passive moderators are not harmful, though in the end they still serve little purpose. Such moderators like gdin, from what I've seen, occasionally force vote no to map change votes or funvotes and sometimes ban players for blocking. I have no problem with this, though I personally think there would be little effect if they chose not to log in at all.

About this application in particular: I know Acadia quite well ingame and I personally think that he would be one of the worst candidates to be moderator, for several reasons:

1) He is incredibly sensitive, though not in a beneficial way. He has an very short fuse.
2) He has a very vindictive nature. We are not on good terms at all. Rather than ignore me or talk with me, he tries to ban me whenever he feels he has the chance.
3) He enjoys faking my nickname for reasons I can't understand. He also has recently begun stalking me by finding out where I live and spreading it to several other players (I am not 100% sure about the second part, though). He also likes to whisper spam me, which I think is kind of amusing:
screenshot_2016-07-03_16-20-43.png
screenshot_2016-07-03_16-20-43.png (583.62 KiB) Viewed 2146 times
None of this really affects me, but it's still incredibly immature.
4) He is a narcissist. This is pretty subjective, but I guess it should be noted.
A is for Apple.
Ryozuki
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/Ryozuki/
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/Ryozuki/
Clan: Unique
Discord: Ryozuki#2188

Post by Ryozuki »

Oblique. wrote:Moderators are useless. Most of what they do consists of broadcasting random things, using the "kill_pl" command, and other such nonsense to flout their status. They are not particularly useful for stopping blockers or botters either, since such problems are almost always resolvable on their own. Nothing that moderators can do are really effective against SP | Someone. Besides, he's actually a pretty nice guy and is always able to make things more interesting.

It has always been evident to me that the most active moderators are the worst. For example, I was banned for an hour after I called Ryozuki ugly, and I doubt he did so with second a thought. I am also certain that my case was not unique. Such moderators are the most self-righteous of people; in their minds, they will always be the ones to swoop in and save the day. Somehow, it has never occurred to them that muting the player through the client or simply ignoring them could be more beneficial than a ban or a server-side mute. Notice that such methods do not require a moderator status. Moderators who claim to prevent "funvotes" seem to have trouble realizing that it takes over half of the server to vote yes for it to pass.

I do think that more passive moderators are not harmful, though in the end they still serve little purpose. Such moderators like gdin, from what I've seen, occasionally force vote no to map change votes or funvotes and sometimes ban players for blocking. I have no problem with this, though I personally think there would be little effect if they chose not to log in at all.

About this application in particular: I know Acadia quite well ingame and I personally think that he would be one of the worst candidates to be moderator, for several reasons:

1) He is incredibly sensitive, though not in a beneficial way. He has an very short fuse.
2) He has a very vindictive nature. We are not on good terms at all. Rather than ignore me or talk with me, he tries to ban me whenever he feels he has the chance.
3) He enjoys faking my nickname for reasons I can't understand. He also has recently begun stalking me by finding out where I live and spreading it to several other players (I am not 100% sure about the second part, though). He also likes to whisper spam me, which I think is kind of amusing:
screenshot_2016-07-03_16-20-43.png
None of this really affects me, but it's still incredibly immature.
4) He is a narcissist. This is pretty subjective, but I guess it should be noted.
Well, funny thing how you envy moderators, actually i don't care about my status.

You came on the server already with intentions of making fun of others, already with SP | Someone insulting me, and you go and say "Ryozuki ugly", Ryozuki ass moderator". And you did this after i banned SP | Someone, so i can conclude that you just wanted to put more shit.

First, i had all the reasons to ban you, if you want a proof, do /rules on the chat.

It looks like you just want to get rid of moderators to make more shit making fun of others.

Of course passive moderators are not harmful, because they do nothing.

And the part about broadcasting and kill_pl where you got that moderators do that? First of all, moderators can't broadcast nor do kill_pl, another lie from you.

I think all what you said is a cheap lie and you just want to make Acadia look bad. Maybe you want to get called SP | Someone 2?
Acadia
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Acadia
Clan: EyeOfThePig

Post by Acadia »

First of all, the entirety of your claim (Oblique) is an biased opinion that is completely irrelevant considering the circumstances, considering that you constantly ban me for no apparent reason IN THE FIRST PLACE, each and every time you doing so putting forth more proof concerning your unreliability. Also, when you state that I have a "short fuse", that was only apparent to you, considering your toxic nature to the Teeworlds community. You constantly verbally harass players, even a word such as "ugly" repeated multiple times should be indicative of your disgusting behavior, which clearly provokes other players to take action against you. Also, you seem to make an completely OUTLANDISH claim that I am a "narcissist", when you in fact know nothing of my personal life and backstory, especially considering that I have expressed my distaste for myself due to my depression and the life I lead in real life. Concerning my "vindictive nature", the only reason why you are the one who seems to see it so strongly is because of your HORRENDOUS behaviour towards me and others in the NA community. I also find it interesting that you never seem to make ANY of these toxic statements when gdin is around, but if you ask anyone, save for Bawki and Jawsh (who are the save few who turn a blind eye to this "troll's" actions"), they will tell you how toxic "Piepow#1Fan", or "Hey fuck you" is. Also, his CONSTANT name changing is indicative of his true intentions, especially considering the meanings of the names themselves. You seem to be an unreliable component of my application, so I dare say that you should get out of here, especially considering the constant lies that you make concerning moderators reliability, which actually defends my point concerning your bad history with moderators. This also shouts out how toxic you are, and also your OWN vindictive nature is expressed, pointedly shown towards Ryuzaki. I also would like to apologize if I am breaking this fourm's rules, but this kind of toxic backlash against my reputation is one that I cannot ignore, it might hurt the chances of my application being accepted.
Oblique.

Post by Oblique. »

Well, I guess that proves it. I am evil.
But I am not the one applying to be moderator. Bashing on me shouldn't be the topic of this. In my previous post, I just said that moderators are useless (which could be interpreted as off-topic, whatever) and said why I thought you shouldn't be moderator.
A is for Apple.
Acadia
Player profile: https://ddnet.tw/players/Acadia
Clan: EyeOfThePig

Post by Acadia »

I can also provide snapshot proof of Oblique's toxic behavior ingame (also known as Piepow#1Fan" and "Hey, fuck you!", although in some instances he uses a different alias) . Also, if you are indeed evil, it would be deemed, by the administration especially, that your opinion isn't a factor.
gdin
Player profile: http://ddnet.tw/players/gdin
Mapper profile: http://ddnet.tw/mappers/dinner
YouTube: user/iDDinner

Post by gdin »

Talked to Acadia a few times in-game, he seems sensible enough. Accepted as a trial-mod for now, and we'll see how it goes.
[mod=dinner]Topic locked[/mod]